Help Starts Here. Find a social worker: Either get yourself listed or refer others. This resource lists thousands of clinical social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists and other licensed mental health professionals. Find A Social Worker.
Resources for Social Workers
Below is a list of general resources for Vermont State social workers.
- Code of Ethics (download PDF)
- Ethics Consultation:
NASW’s Office of Ethics and Professional Review answers member’s questions on a variety of ethical issues. Questions can range from “Am I required to provide my client access to their records” to “Under what circumstances am I required to report abuse” and “Am I able to provide therapy electronically to a client in another state.”
OEPR Hotline: (800) 638-8799 Mondays 1:00pm – 4:00pm (ET) ext. 223
Tuesdays 10:00am – 1:00pm (ET) ext. 231
Wednesdays 1:00pm – 4:00pm (ET) ext. 223
Thursdays 10:00am – 1:00pm (ET) ext. 231
Member legal consultations have long been requested by NASW members and valued. NASW now has a hotline for members to call with legal concerns and questions: 202-408-8600, ext. 592 during the hours of Monday – Thursday, 11 am to 4:30 pm.
- Information about the Legal Defense Fund
- Application for the Legal Defense Fund
- HIPPA Highlights
- Insurance Protection for NASW Members
- A Blueprint for Equality: A Federal Agenda for Transgender People (2015)
- Pride Center Support Groups
- Outright VT- Resources by County
- Achieving Racial Equity: Calling the Social Work Profession to Action
- Achieving Racial Equality: Action Brief
- Moving Toward Racial Equity: The Undoing Racism Workshop and Organizational Change